Couples Rehab Riverside: Is There Rehab for Couples?
Couples Rehab Riverside: A Look at Addiction Statistics for Couples
In 2013, the National Survey on Drug Use and Health found that over 21 million Americans age 12 and older had a substance use disorder and nearly all these individuals have relationships affected by addiction. The American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy found that the most troubled relationships involve drug or alcohol abuse. Rehab for couples can help those in a relationship who are also struggling with addiction find recovery while repairing and strengthening the relationship through couples rehab Riverside residents can access.
It is not uncommon for both partners in a relationship to struggle with substance abuse and addiction. They may have codependent or enabling behaviors that drive their substance use disorders. Substance abuse also leads to chaos and unpredictability in a relationship as it can cause mood swings, aggression, self-isolation, and depression. Couples with substance abuse issues are also more likely to deal with domestic violence issues as well. Even without domestic violence, couples are more likely to argue and be unhappy in the relationship.
- Men can be up to eight times more likely to become physically with a spouse or partner when they have been drinking.
- Up to 50% of men enrolled in domestic violence intervention programs also have substance use disorders.
- Increases in the rate of alcohol consumption in the US have led to a 20% increase in the divorce rate.
- Couples who live together, married or not, who abuse drugs or alcohol are up to six times more likely than the general population to have experienced domestic abuse in the past year.
Couples Rehab Riverside: 10 Benefits of Going to Rehab Toegtjer
- Allows both partners in the relationship to get sober at the same time. Couples rehab Riverside residents use can help couples to achieve sobriety at the same time. Maintaining sobriety is difficult in a relationship if the other person continues to abuse drugs or alcohol. Both partners in a relationship need to commit to recovery to succeed.
- Partners can provide motivation and support during the recovery process. When couples are in the same treatment facility, they can help each other’s support system and motivate the other to continue with the program on days when it is tougher for one person.
- Both individuals have access to the same effective treatment program. Couples can benefit from entering the same highly effective treatment program which offers personalized treatment programs that get to the root cause of addiction and teach the necessary skills and tools to manage addiction independently.
- Couples can learn and practice better communication and listening skills. Couples therapy in drug and alcohol rehab will help individuals learn and practice better communication skills which can greatly strengthen their relationship.
- Teaches healthy conflict resolution skills. Couples who struggle with substance abuse can often argue and fight, leading to domestic violence. Learning proper conflict resolution skills can help couples reduce stress in the relationship and the risk of relapse.
- It helps couples rebuild trust. People who are under the influence may act in ways they may not have otherwise. Addiction also leads people to lie and steal to access drugs or alcohol. Building back trust through therapy is important for a healthy relationship.
- Couples can learn how to be with one another without using drugs or alcohol. When addicted couples have been using for a long time, it can be difficult to know how to be with one another while not using drugs or alcohol. Rehab programs teach people to have fun and be social without substance abuse, including how couples interact with one another.
- Rehab can help break codependent or enabling behaviors. Codependent and enabling behaviors are commonly present in loved ones with addiction. Rehab for couples can help partners break these negative behaviors and learn how to express their feelings and needs without being controlling. Individuals can learn how to be more independent and not feel responsible for others’ well-being.
- It helps couples to learn about each other’s root causes of addiction. Learning why your partner has addiction issues can help you understand their substance abuse to be more patient and forgiving of their actions. Knowing this information can also help both partners know how to support one another better.
- Couples can build healthy routines and relapse prevention plans together. Drug and alcohol rehab programs teach patients the importance of building healthy routines in their relapse prevention plan. Couples who live together can build routines and relapse prevention plans together to motivate one another better.
Do All Facilities Offer Rehab for Couples?
Rehab for couples are unique program not offered in every treatment center. These programs allow couples to work through addiction treatments together. Treatment plans will continue to be personalized for each person but will also include certain therapies together, including couples therapy to help partners work out issues within their relationship, learn how to support one another through recovery, and break codependent behaviors. Programs are designed to help individuals find and work on the root cause of their addiction through individual therapy and group therapy sessions on their own. Couples will leave rehab with the ability to manage their sobriety through coping skills, tools, and a stronger relationship.
Where Can I Find Couples Rehab in Riverside That’s Covered by Insurance?
Insurance plans cover mental health disorders, which include substance abuse. Couples looking for rehab together who want to use their insurance to pay for costs can do so through accredited programs, such as Resurgence Behavioral Health. Resurgence offers effective, evidence-based addiction treatments and accepts a wide range of insurance. They accept most PPO insurance plans and will have their insurance specialists communicate with your insurance provider to ensure you get the most out of them. They also offer multiple payment options for individuals paying out of pocket or for extra costs not covered by insurance plans. You can verify your insurance by calling their 24/7 helpline or completing an online form.
Success Rates of Couples Who Go to Rehab Together
Rehab for couples success rates vary depending on the treatment center. However, couples who go to rehab together have a higher success rate because they choose recovery simultaneously. Effective addiction treatment for couples includes personalized treatment plans with evidence-based treatments. Choosing a program that is a good fit is also important. For example, severe addiction needs residential inpatient rehab for a successful recovery and stepping down to outpatient care can help patients reintegrate into the real world more easily.
Resurgence Behavioral Health Is a Proud Provider of Rehab for Couples
Resurgence Behavioral Health in Los Angeles offers Riverside couples rehab for couples through individualized treatment plans, couples therapy, and more. Couples will benefit from evidence-based addiction treatments together and can go through all levels of care together. Our programs will help couples learn the necessary skills and tools to manage their recovery for a lifetime while also working and healing their relationship.
We understand the toll substance abuse can have on your health and relationship. We also know what it takes to heal from the effects of addiction and can provide you and your partner the help needed to find long-term sobriety. If you want to learn more about our couples rehab, please call us today at (855) 458-0050.