Los Angeles Addiction Treatment: 5 Steps to Achieve Recovery
Breaking the Chains of Addiction in Los Angeles
When you are in the midst of an active addiction to drugs or alcohol, it can feel challenging to see a way out of the cycle of addiction. Although you have a desire to live a life free of substance abuse, the physical and psychological hold that drugs and alcohol can have over someone can present difficulties in being able to overcome your addictive behaviors. There is hope for you and your journey towards addiction recovery. At Resurgence Behavioral Health, we believe that Los Angeles residents deserve to have an addiction treatment program that is centered around your individual needs for healing and fosters personal growth towards achieving your goals for addiction recovery.
Your drug or alcohol addiction is unique to you and progresses over a period of time.Your healing journey will need to take time in order for you to gain long term addiction recovery. We believe that your treatment program needs to occur over a long period of time that supports you in every phase of your recovery process. Patients in our addiction treatment program will be able to participate in our full continuum of care that will ensure you have the full levels of care that you need as you heal from and overcome your history of addiction. Patients are invited to participate in the following levels of care when you choose to undergo addiction treatment within our recovery center:
- Medical detox
- Inpatient rehab
- Outpatient treatment programs such as Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) or an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Aftercare planning and programs
Engaging in our whole person integrated approach to healing will support you in healing from the underlying causes of your addictive behaviors while providing you with opportunities to develop essential life skills and coping tools for relapse prevention that will enable you to safely overcome any triggers and maintain your new life of addiction recovery.
16 Signs of an Addiction Problem
Addiction has different impacts on each person that it is living with a substance use disorder. Whether you are concerned about your own substance use or a loved one’s substance abuse, you want to know the signs to look for that will indicate that it is time to seek help through an addiction treatment program. Common signs of an addiction problem are:
- Isolating from friends and family to engage in substance abuse
- Showing signs of frequent intoxication
- Having paraphernalia present
- Expressing a desire to quit using drugs or alcohol but experiencing failed attempts at quitting
- Neglecting your appearance and personal hygiene
- Loss of energy and motivation
- Lack of interest in activities that were once enjoyed
- Facing problems within relationships due to substance abuse
- Experiencing financial concerns and excessively spending money on drugs and alcohol
- Lying or hiding addictive behaviors from others
- Getting defensive or angry when confronted about substance abuse
- Engaging in high risk behaviors while under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Declining performance in school or work
- Changes in social circles to one that is centered around substance abuse
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when use of drugs and alcohol stops
- Developing a tolerance to drugs or alcohol resulting in having to use more to reach the same desired effects
5 Steps to Achieve Recovery in Los Angeles
When you make the decision that you are ready to quit your use of drugs and alcohol, there are steps that you can take that will increase your ability to achieve long term addiction recovery. Los Angeles residents that are ready to begin the healing process of addiction treatment can follow these steps:
- Do research into addiction treatment programs. There are many forms of addiction treatment and therapies available. Depending on the types of support that you are looking for and the levels of care that you are searching for will influence what types of treatment you decide to engage in. Determine the right addiction therapy options for you and find out which treatment center will best suit your needs.
- Speak to your loved ones about your plans. Going through addiction treatment is a life changing process that brings up difficult emotions. Having a support system around you during this time will help to increase your ability to complete treatment and have long term success in your recovery journey.
- Make arrangements for work or family while you are gone. While you are gone, you want to know that your loved ones and responsibilities are taken care of. Reaching out to family or friends to see if they can support you by watching your children or pets will help you put your mind at ease that your loved ones will have their needs met. If you have concerns about your employment being in jeopardy for you attending treatment, there is legislation that will protect you from losing employment if you are seeking help for addiction.
- Tie up any loose ends financially. Make sure that your bill payments are lined up with automatic payments or ask a loved one to oversee your finances while you are in rehab.
- Pack your belongings for when you attend treatment. While you are in inpatient rehab, you will have all of your basic needs met so you will not need to bring any food, snacks, or hygiene products. It is important for you to pack clothing items, personal care products, seasonal dependent clothing, reading material, and journal books or paper for you to have self reflection or write letters to loved ones.
How Long is Addiction Treatment in Los Angeles?
Addiction treatment programs are based on the individual needs of each person going through rehab. Due to the individual nature of addiction, there is no one size fits all approach to drug or alcohol treatment. It is important that you take the time you need to go through the healing process at a pace that is meaningful and effective for you. Patients are encouraged to take as long as you need within treatment to ensure you feel confident in your ability to maintain a life of sobriety. Los Angeles residents are able to choose from a short term rehab program of 30 days or you can participate in a long term rehab program of 60 or 90 days. No matter which length of time you choose, you will be invited to participate in evidence based therapy methods within an individualized treatment program.
Get the Best Addiction Treatment in Los Angeles with Resurgence Behavioral Health
At Resurgence Behavioral Health, we are committed to supporting our patients in releasing the negative hold of addiction and become empowered to see the potential you have within a life of addiction recovery. Your recovery journey is personal to you and our team provides each patient with the individualized care you deserve to heal from your addiction and begin your newfound way of life in sober living, health, and wellness. You no longer have to feel alone as you once did in your addiction when you come to our recovery center to heal. Our team is committed to being alongside you every step of the way as you work towards recovery , personal growth, and stability. Call us today to hear more about the comprehensive treatment programs offered and begin your road to recovery now.