Outpatient Rehab in Costa Mesa
What is Outpatient Rehab?
Outpatient rehab in Costa Mesa CA is a type of addiction treatment program that is designed to be more flexible than an inpatient or residential detox. This type of rehab program is usually recommended to anybody who has completed an inpatient program and is also a good fit for many people who have mild addictions, those who prefer not to move into one of our full-time rehab centers, and those who need to remain working, going to school, or taking care of other life responsibilities as they get the treatment they need.
Entering an outpatient treatment plan usually involves:
- Professional interventions
- One-on-one counseling
- Behavioral therapy
- Group therapy like alcoholics anonymous
- Process groups
Patients in outpatient rehab centers at Resurgence Behavioral Health Orange County generally live at home or in a sober living home and then commute into their outpatient treatment center on a regular basis for therapy, counseling, case management, and other services. A person in outpatient rehab will gain all the tools, skills, resources, and support needed to get sober and take back control over their life, with the continued option to drop into any Resurgence center for a 12-step or SMART Recovery meeting, or to schedule additional therapy sessions when needed.
Is Outpatient Rehab Effective for Alcohol and Drug Addiction?
Outpatient drug rehab at Resurgence is effective for substance use issues because it provides all the care and treatment needed for motivated individuals to stop their substance use and change their behaviors while reducing barriers to entry that may prevent people from going to rehab in the first place. Outpatient drug rehab programs:
- Usually cost less than inpatient treatment or residential rehab facilities in Costa Mesa
- Are less restrictive, and offers treatment options in the evenings, weekends, or early mornings, so it won’t negatively impact your work, school, and home life
- Offer family and couple’s therapy to help you repair damaged relationships and build your support system
- Help you learn to live your everyday, normal life without drugs and alcohol, with strong support when you run into a trigger or other issue
- Can last for as long as you need them to
- Are flexible, and can vary in intensity and frequency as your needs change over time
Benefits of Outpatient Rehab
There are many benefits to attending outpatient rehab, such as:
- The option to live at home near loved ones
- Its convenience, as therapy and counseling can be arranged to fit your schedule
- The freedom to alter the intensity of your program as needed
- Continued support through therapy and meetings
- The option of online drug treatment in some locations
- Multiple therapy options including dialectical behavior therapy, EMDR, and cognitive behavioral therapy
- The ability to immediately try out new coping mechanisms and relapse prevention tools
- Hands-on help transitioning back to normal life after treatment
- Help finding and securing employment
- The ability to access support from your social circle and family
- Access to a sober community, fostering new, drug-and alcohol-free friendships
- Referrals to trusted and safe sober living homes, including sober living homes for men and sober living homes for women
At the Resurgence treatment facility, you will always have connections to our sober community. You will never be left alone without a safety net. With our caring staff, alumni, and treatments like group therapy, individual therapy, and medical care available to you, there will always be somebody there you can talk to who gets what you are going through. You will never need to feel alone in your recovery.
Types of Outpatient Rehab Programs
There are several types of outpatient programs available to choose from at Resurgence Behavioral Health. Our intake addictions specialists will work with you to figure out which of these programs is right for your individual needs. The options include our:
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – The PHP is usually a short-term program to help people who are moving from inpatient detox or rehab and outpatient care, helping them make the transition through full days of groups and therapy as they live outside the facility, gradually gaining more personal responsibility. Clinical care is provided, along with strong support and guidance.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – The IOP is a flexible outpatient program that can work around your normal, everyday schedule, allowing you to return to your life as you get addiction treatment. You will have a healthy support system that will provide community and alternatives when you are presented with challenges out in the world. In some Resurgence locations, there is also a virtual IOP option, with online meetings and therapy given via a telehealth platform.
Outpatient Aftercare Program – Outpatient aftercare programs at Resurgence are even less regimented than the IOP, allowing you to make appointments for therapy, medical treatment, and other services as needed. The outpatient program can last as long as you like, even months or years after rehab is complete. You will remain in contact with our sober community of alumni, and be invited to meetups, barbecues, and other get-togethers. We also offer referrals to sober living homes in your area if you would prefer to live in a structured environment that will hold you accountable.
When is Inpatient Rehab a Better Option?
For many people, outpatient programs may be a good option, but for others, spending 30 to 90 days in an inpatient rehab program first is a good idea. Inpatient rehab provides a structured schedule without distractions, access to drugs and alcohol, or life’s everyday stresses, so you can gain a new perspective on life, learn new, healthy behaviors and habits, and change the way you think about the world around you.
Inpatient rehab may be better for you if you:
- Have not completed a medical detox or medication assisted detox program
- Are dealing with a co occurring mental health issue like depression, bipolar disorder or anxiety that requires dual diagnosis treatment
- Still experiencing withdrawal symptoms or drug cravings
- Need any type of full-time medical care
- Lack motivation or may find it difficult to get yourself to appointments and therapy on your own
- Have trouble managing your own calendar
- Do not live in a stable and supportive environment
- Have people in your home who are actively drinking and/or using drugs
- Do not feel emotionally stable and ready to do what it takes to stay sober
- May not be able to control your drug and alcohol intake when home alone, or are showing other signs of relapsing
In inpatient rehab, you will be able to focus on your own healing, in a safe and sober environment as you live full-time inside the facility, with full days of therapy, counseling, education, recreation, and other programming and services. Once you have completed your time in inpatient care, you may move on to an outpatient program that best suits your unique needs.
Outpatient Rehab in Costa Mesa at Resurgence
Residents of Costa Mesa can access all outpatient resources offered at Resurgence Behavioral Health. If you are transitioning out of an inpatient or residential treatment plan, we can help you deal with triggers by helping you stick to the coping mechanisms you learned in rehab. Triggers can make you feel distressed and may cause you to act compulsively, but when you join our outpatient continuum of care, you will continue to receive support, guidance, and counseling from our expert staff for as long as you want it.
Outpatient rehab at Resurgence, Costa Mesa, can take as long as you need it to. Our goal is to offer continued support in as many ways as possible, including:
- Group sessions
- Therapy appointments
- Medical care
- Dual diagnosis treatments
- Psychiatric care
- Vocational and life skills training
- Voluntary alumni events
- Opportunities to make sober friendships
- Reinforcing recovery skills and tools as you try them out in your life
When you are in outpatient care, your at-home support system is key, but it is important to recognize that caring for a person fresh out of rehab is a big responsibility, and is not something everybody is ready and equipped to do. If you are living in your home, you and your family may want to seek relationship or family therapy, to help you rebuild any damaged relationships due to drug and alcohol use, and to help them to understand what you are going through and learn the best ways to support you without enabling your substance abuse.
With Resurgence, you can become involved in our alumni community if you wish, not only using our community as a support system but also offering your own wisdom and support to others who need it. You can attend gatherings, social outings, meetings, and reunions, create new and sober friendships, and find new ways to spend your time as a drug- and alcohol-free individual.
The road to recovery is a journey that requires commitment, time, and the right support system. Research has shown that extended stays in addiction treatment correlate with decreased chances of relapse. At Alcohol Detox Costa Mesa, we understand the significance of comprehensive care. Whether you’re transitioning from inpatient rehab or stepping into outpatient rehab directly after your medical detox, we have a range of programs tailored to meet your unique needs.
From our partial hospitalization program and intensive outpatient program to our standard outpatient and aftercare programs, we offer a continuum of care that empowers you to reclaim your life and tackle recovery at a pace that suits you best. With the guidance of our experienced team at Resurgence Behavioral Health in Costa Mesa, you’ll be introduced to various types of therapies and treatments, all curated to provide you with the tools and strategies essential for lasting sobriety.
Recovery is not a one-size-fits-all journey. Every individual’s path is unique, and at Alcohol Detox Costa Mesa, we’re here to walk alongside you every step of the way, offering the specialized care and support you deserve. Reach out today to learn more about how we can help you build a brighter, substance-free future.
— Resurgence Behavioral Health (@RBHRecovery) March 14, 2022
Addiction Treatment that
Individualized treatment programs delivered in a comfortable, relaxed setting promote healing in your recovery journey.