Anthem Medical Insurance Rehab Therapy Coverage for Substance Abuse Treatment
Understanding Anthem Medical Insurance for Rehabilitation
If you have Substance Use Disorder, taking the first step toward recovery can be overwhelming. You can start by exploring what kind of insurance coverage you have and how to use it. Understanding Anthem medical insurance for rehabilitation helps you select the highest quality substance use treatment in your insurance plan. In the United States, behavioral health treatment is regarded as essential health care. Anthem insurance provides coverage for both mental health and substance use disorder treatment at various levels, according to your insurance plan and the treatment provider. Depending on the specific plan, Anthem may cover the entire cost of dual diagnosis care, or it might offer partial payments.
Anthem insurance coverage includes both inpatient and outpatient Substance Use Disorder treatment. Inpatient medical detox, inpatient drug rehab near me, and acute inpatient hospitalization are offered by your plan. Inpatient intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) allow you to live at home or in a sober group home outside of the treatment center while engaging in frequent treatment activities including therapy sessions, support groups, and medical appointments. Living in a structured recovery environment is a proven way to build a solid foundation for your recovery and while transitioning between inpatient and fully outpatient treatment, you may choose to live with others prioritizing sobriety. Anthem covers partial hospitalization plans (PHPs) that include several hours of recovery services for 5-7 days each week while living outside a treatment center.
Addiction Treatment that
Individualized treatment programs delivered in a comfortable, relaxed setting promote healing in your recovery journey.
What to Look for in Anthem Rehab Facilities
There are many elements to investigate when considering what to look for in Anthem rehab facilities. If you want to avoid paying out of pocket, it’s important to consult with your healthcare provider to find out which services they deem medically necessary for you, and whether your Anthem insurance covers those services. The average length of stay in inpatient treatment ranges from 30 to 90 days or longer, depending on your unique health needs and circumstances, so you also want to make sure you choose an Anthem facility where you feel most comfortable.
Asking your doctor the following questions will help you decide which treatment center covered by Anthem is best for you:
- Do you recommend a particular facility?
- Which services are most effective in treating my condition(s)?
- Which treatment center is best for recovery from the substance(s) I’m using?
- Do I have co-occurring mental health conditions that would be best served by dual diagnosis treatment?
- Do any personal issues – legal, domestic, employment, or education – impact which facility is best for me?
- Is my Anthem coverage impacted by my having previously completed treatment and relapsed?
Does Anthem Cover Specific Treatments?
Anthem covers a wide range of evidence-based substance use treatments depending on your plan, your state of residence, and your treatment provider. These services may be approved if deemed medically necessary:
- Alcohol, opioid, and benzodiazepine medical detox programs
- Individual therapy for substance use disorders and other mental health conditions
- Other types of therapy including cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, experiential therapy, and others
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) like Suboxone programs to help lessen the severity of withdrawal symptoms
- Treatment management by licensed caregivers
- Access to contracted rehab facilities
Why Resurgence Stands Out Among Rehabs That Accept Anthem
Resurgence Behavioral Health stands out among rehabs that accept Anthem because we offer comprehensive care that integrates mental health, substance abuse, and primary care services. We produce positive outcomes by customizing treatment programs for each patient based on your unique personal needs. You are assigned a customized treatment team that includes an Addiction Medicine Specialist, Psychologist, Physician Assistant, RN, Addiction Counselor, and Transitional Counselor.
You receive the highest level of care at Resurgence Behavioral Health due to our professional, experienced treatment teams; the diverse services we offer; and the continuity of support we provide for your recovery. We help you choose the treatment center that has the ideal services and professionals to meet your unique needs, which are addressed and met from the moment you enter treatment and throughout your recovery journey. Resurgence substance use and dual diagnosis treatment are available for:
- Alcohol addiction
- Drug addiction
- Prescription drug addiction
- Co-occurring disorders
- Trauma-related disorders
- Mental health disorders
Depending on the services your doctor prescribes and your preferences, treatment options included in Resurgence Behavioral Health rehab may include:
- Outpatient treatment
- Inpatient treatment
- Medically assisted treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT)
- 12-Step Recovery
- SMART Recovery
- Virtual therapy
- Sober living
As a chronic health condition, Substance Use Disorder requires long-term management. Resurgence Behavioral Health treatment covered by Anthem includes an aftercare plan created by your recovery team. This helps you maintain your physical and mental well-being to prevent relapse. Your aftercare plan may include:
- Orientation to outpatient goals and expectations
- Identification of challenges to your ongoing recovery and solutions for managing them
- Psychoeducation about the severity and chronic nature of Substance Use Disorder
- A realistic and convenient self-management plan
- Steps to manage exposure to drugs or alcohol after treatment
- Where and how to get support immediately should relapse occur
Anticipating obstacles to your recovery ahead of time with a supportive professional offers you the opportunity to think through possible scenarios that put you at risk. Together, you can create practical steps and routines to avoid or navigate them, and to return to your recovery skills as quickly as possible when they’re challenged.
Navigating Anthem Blue Cross Drug Rehab Coverage
If you have Substance Abuse Disorder, many factors are ensuring that your treatment will be at least partially covered by Anthem Blue Cross. Under federal law, insurance carriers must provide comprehensive treatment coverage for anyone diagnosed with Substance Use Disorder. They also can’t deny subsequent inpatient or outpatient treatment should relapse occur, since addiction is considered a chronic condition. Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance companies:
- May apply limits for coverage but can’t limit who is eligible for Substance Use Disorder treatment
- Must treat mental health and addiction services as essential treatments
- Must provide treatment for substance use that’s as comprehensive in scope as treatment for any other medical procedure or condition
For a provider’s services to be covered by Anthem Blue Cross, staff involved in your treatment must be professionally credentialed and offer evidence-based treatment appropriate for your diagnosis. Life coaching, career counseling, energy work such as reiki healing, and holistic treatment modalities such as aromatherapy, massage therapy, or non-medically required acupuncture aren’t covered. The best way to find out exactly what treatments your insurance policy covers is to call us to verify your benefits. A treatment expert will gather information about your diagnoses and needs to determine which services are covered by your plan and where they are available.
Seeking the Best Care with Anthem Medical Insurance at Resurgence
Seeking the best care with Anthem medical insurance at Resurgence Behavioral Health means that you’ll have the expertise of experienced recovery specialists supporting you with an individualized, dynamic treatment plan during your withdrawal, treatment, and ongoing recovery. Call Resurgence Behavioral Health at (951) 708-7961 to explore which treatment option is best for you. Wherever you are in your recovery journey, we want to help you take the next step.